|Hardware||Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus|
|Belchertown skin version||1.1|
This page is very much a work in progress, we will add more content here soon.
This website is automagically updated in real-time (about every 2.5 seconds) with weather observations from a Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus personal weather station located in the Village of Webster, Town of Webster, Monroe County, New York State. Weather data is received by the Davis Console and sent via USB cable to a RaspberryPi server running the WeeWx weather parsing software. WeeWx then streams the weather to a web server located in Manhattan.
The weather station provides the following readings:
- Wind speed
- Wind direction
- Solar radiation
- Barometric Pressure
The rest of the observations on this website are done via software calculations and quality control checks to make sure the data is valid.
All weather observations are also posted to the following websites:
- weewx weather station software
- HighCharts for the various charts on the website
- The Belchertown skin theme built for weewx
- MQTT as the broker for instant data transfer from weather station to website
- Thanks to Gary for his help early on with the Highcharts graphs!
- Logo from TownMapsUSA and remixed for belchertownweather.com
- Forecast data Powered by Dark Sky
- Earthquake data from USGS.gov Earthquake Catalog Developer API
Want an about page like this? You can view my about page source here.